Monday, April 14, 2008

I've been tagged by Ozknits! :D


Note the wonderful customer appreciation photo! :)

4 Things.... :D.....

4 Jobs.....

1) kennel worker (I cleaned up doggie poop)!

2)barista (coffee slave for 5 years)!

3) resident counselor in a group home...not the best fit for an introvert such as myself...I'm a better doggie pooper scooper!

4)art workshop facilitator at a non profit organization....(did that once a week for almost 5 years-- we made a lot of handmade paper....that was fun)!

4 Favorite Movies....

1) Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

2) The Thorn Birds....yeah, I know...I'm so pathetic :D....

3) The Royal Tennenbaums...nice and quirky! :)

4) Schnindler's List

4 Places I've been

1) Utica, Wisconsin-- population 35?...very exciting! :D...(I actually do miss WI-- good cheese!)

2) The Winchester Mystery Mansion, in San Jose California...I actually have a photo I took with a slightly ghostly image in it...at age 17 I considered sending it to Unsolved Mysteries....I'm still sitting on it :D

3) Washington DC-- I went there once when I was about 10...I went to Ford's theatre and saw a real lock of President Lincoln's hair!...history came alive :)

4) the scary little corners of my brain...AHAH!!!

4 Places I've lived....

1) Stoughton, WI (we like lefse and other assorted Norwegian thingies...like rosemaling!)

2) Madison, WI...that's where I went to college! (I was an art major)!

3) Colorado (for a month and a half when I was 20)...I stayed with my stepbrother in the mountains for the better part of one summer-- I still would love to move to Colorado one day :)

4) Savannah, GA-- Here I am!...long story...

4 Favorite TV shows....(hmm...I don't watch much TV these days...so I'll base this on the past:)

1) ER-- back in the George Clooney and Anthony Edwards days....I loved the sexual tension between Dr. Ross and nurse Hathaway!

2)Dawson's Creek...yeah, I know....in college it appealed to me in that sappy, I need a boyfriend kind of way....

3) sappy TV movies...If they had Kellie Martin in them, all the better....

4) Biography! ( I do watch that occasionally these days-- there was a good one on Janis Joplin)!

4 Radio Shows....

oh boy...I hope this doesn't sound bad...but I barely ever listen to the radio...I'm kind of stuck on music from the extensive collection on our computer....it's fun to listen to my boyfriend get pissed off at Rush Limbaugh though! (We're kinda liberal :)

4 Favorite Foods....

1) bacon....

2) chocolate

3) bacon...

4) tequila...(does that count?)....

4 Placed I'd rather be...

1) retired...

2) in my artist's studio and retired...

3) in Wisconsin...I know, sounds weird, doesn't it?...I miss home on occassion...

4) petting a doggie!

What a fun game this has been!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God I am laughing so hard I damn near pissed my pants ... an easy thing to do for a 45 year old!
There must be something about Wisconsin that makes us all giddy and strange! Gosh, I'm from Union Grove and moved to Prescott when I was 10. I moved to NY after college and have been perpetually homesick since. What is it about Wisconsin that calls ya back?
It's sure not the Packers so it must be the cheese!
Actually I miss the Dells. And family. And proper pronunciation.
New Yorkers really overdo the flat "a" sound, if you know what I mean. And I get too many strange looks when I say YUPPER!

What is Wrong With Me 2 said...

hehehe!!! Glad ya liked it Oz!-- this was fun :D....Is that you in the picture?...:D....yeah, Wisconsin breeds some form of weirdness....ah, the likes of Ed Geine, Jefferey Dahmer...:0...and the innocent kinda weirdos too :) Maybe it's in the water...no-- I bet it's in the cheese!...ah yes, it does beckon to me in the middle of the night :)...I love the dells-- those old fashion photos are too cool!...People look at me funny when I say "WiscOnsin."...Yeah, I've got the sconnie accent...ya! (kinda :)

Anonymous said...

That's my daughter when she was little :) She's a carbon copy of me. Seen her, you've seen me! Actually I have both of our senior high school pictures side by side and you can't tell them apart. Now she looks young and I look old :(
But she has attitude just like her momma! She's 20 now and in college.
She was five in that picture!

Anonymous said...

I'm making paper today! I blew off work and I just blew up my blender :(

What is Wrong With Me 2 said...

Sweet! That's the spirit Oz! :)...nothing like a day of luxurious papermaking... :)....I hope you show some on your blog so I can see it! :D...Your daughter is so cute!!!! :)

Diana said...

Hey there! I got tagged by Helen, too. I'm glad I stopped over and got to read your responses... very entertaining! I'd rather pick up dog poop than lead a group home, too!

The Royal Tenanbaums is one of my favorite movies also! And I was born and raised in San Jose, CA; the Winchester Mystery House was always part of the scenery. They used to have this great commercial for it that they'd play at the local drive-in theater when I was small. A ghostly Mrs. Winchester could be heard inticing her workers to "keeeeeep builllllldiiiiing!!!!" Wow, that still scares the crap outta me. :)

Love your blog and your art!
Diana