Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Wave of Custom Orders...


Business is strange...

I can't quite figure out the pattern here...I'll have a couple of weeks of no sales, and then I'll get multiple sales in one day... The trend this week has been custom orders! :)...sweet....

I made a couple of wine colored friendship bracelets for a really nice lady on Etsy, who oddly enough is from Savannah. She somehow found Etsy through some link on the internet, and found the "shop local" section-- Yeah! :)...So anyway, I made her the bracelets, and she really liked them. Then she had me make her some Gardenia Blossom cards ;)-- this is what they turned out like :)...

I haven't decided what to do with the original painting yet...I might frame it and put it up in my studio...or I might sell it matted, but unframed on Etsy...I'm tempted to sell it on Etsy, but the price point is lower there, and I know I could probably get more for it at my studio...that depends on the foot traffic though, and the weather here is HOT right now...hhmm....what to do, what to do...

Anyway, back to the trend this for a moment...as I mentioned, I haven't noticed a major trend with my sales in particular, but I have noticed smaller trends...For instance, I seem to make more sales on the weekends than weekdays...Generally speaking of course. I used to notice that I'd get more sales in the middle of the night, but now it's all over the board...I'm just fascinated with "patterns," and love trying to figure it all out-- It's the Sherlock Holmes in me I'm sure...'cause I'm kind of dorky like that!...(I'm guessing I probably won't figure it out though-- the pattern that is)! :O.....Intruiging nonetheless! :)

PS: It's Sunday night people, you know what that means-- The Two Coreys!!!! :D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the custom orders! I've got some to but they won't take place until I figure out this paypal stuff. Ekkkkkk!
Can't wait for next month!!! :) To excited! What time does the two Corey's come one and what channel? I'm gonna check it out! I can't believe that I didn't know about this before.
*HUGS*
Angela

Anonymous said...

A big WOO for custom orders! I'm working on one (sure, it's a single piece, but still!) right now.

And, I have the SAME patterns too. I'd really like to just sell one thing a day (HA!) and be consistent, instead of this 5 sales one day, nothing for two weeks dry spell. ahhh.

Good job!

gentryart said...

Those cards are really eyecatching and beautiful! Good for you on the custom order--personally I find them too stressful. Congratulations! Your artwork is very powerful.

GalleryJuana said...

Hi Snitterdog! Thanks for coming by my blog.

Beautiful magnolia cards!