Thursday, December 25, 2008

An Unconventional Christmas Eve...


Being across the country from "home" I knew Christmas Eve was going to be a little different this year. I wasn't sure exactly how the day/evening would go, but it began with a little bit of artwork at my studio in the afternoon. Later I pulled a Mr. Chicken and went to a seedy bar, where I enjoyed cheep, cold beer with one of my artist friends. We also ate about 2 baskets full of peanuts. The fun part (other than the company and the beer), is that it's one of those bars where you can toss the peanut shells on the ground-- yeah!!! Now that's some Christmas merriment...

After this I went back to my studio and painted until midnight. I had a custom order I recently did, which "disappeared" from my studio before I could get it in the mail--AAHHHH!!! Now I am trying to recreate it as quickly, and as perfectlyl as possible. I will work on it again later today...

What a weird Christmas. The only major bummer is that I woke up with a stomach ache from all the peanuts...

No comments: