Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Going Home...(At least for a visit)


Stoughton fireworks 2
Originally uploaded by Nikonman
So I have been "home" for the past week or so. And I've got to say, I've really enjoyed it. I come from a little town called Stoughton, which is in southern WI, and it is really rather charming. I think as a child I did not appreciate this fact, as I was a child, and most likely pre-occupied with other things-- such as school, basketball, drawing pictures, and whichever boy I happened to have an unrequited crush on at that time... And also worth noting, the community has become rather artsy in the last decade, so that is extra cool!

I have also spent a lot of time in Madison, where I went to college, and also spent a decade. It has been fun catching up with family and friends, and seeing how things have changed, and what has remained the same. I think being "away" from what you consider home really helps cultivate an appreciation for your loved ones, and also the experiences that have made you who you are.

With all this said I am still looking forward to going back to Savannah and my art studio-- in certain ways I am inspired to go forth and create-- Yeah!! But I am also looking forward (in advance) to my summer, return visit to WI :)

No comments: