Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Sketchbook Project!!!


Has anyone out there heard of this? This is WAY cool!!! (and I decided to participate :)

Anyway-- here's a brief synopsis:

It's like a concert tour but with sketchbooks.

Thousands of sketchbooks will be exhibited at galleries and museums as they make their way on tour across the country. After the tour, all sketchbooks will enter into the permanent collection of The Brooklyn Art Library, where they will be barcoded and available for the public to view. Anyone - from anywhere in the world - can be a part of the project. To participate and have us send you a sketchbook that will go on tour, pick a theme..

http://www.arthousecoop.com/projects/sketchbookproject

(ok, I totally copied and pasted most of that, but I am ocassionally lazy -sorry! :) ...No really, it's just that I have sketching to do!!! I think I will periodically post sketches I am doing for this project...the theme I chose is "things that changed other things"-- here's one I am working on now, I haven't decided weather or not it is done :)

No comments: