Monday, August 23, 2010

The Sketchbook Project...Theme: Things That Changed Other Things...


This is the first page in my sketchbook, for the Sketchbook Project in Brooklyn NY. (I just love creating art based on themes)!

It's appropriate that the "moving away page" be the first page. Moving from WI to Savannah, GA really did change everything. I began to focus on my art, and began to let go of the expectations of others. I joined Etsy, I started a blog, I got a studio, etc...(this instead of working crappy jobs that robbed me of my soul)...When I moved to Savannah I really became the starving artist, instead of the starving group home worker or floral desinger...fine, honest livings, but not very fulfilling to an oddball such as myself...

This is a fun project-- I'll keep posting pics on the theme "things that changed other things"

No comments: