Saturday, November 6, 2010

Mona Lisa Chicken!


Here is the latest ACEO in my chicken series! :) (For anyone out there who doesn't know what an ACEO is, it's a baseball card size piece of art)...I've veered a bit from my normal path lately with the chickens. In the past I would do an ACEO, number it and write a story, turn it into a print, and make an occasional larger version in oil. Now sometimes I do the painting without the story, or a larger version initially, or with no ACEO sized work at all...I've decided to break outside of that box a bit, as the protocol was slowing me down. (Mainly the story-- I need to be in the right mood to write :) ...the story shall continue though, never fear! I've had numerous people tell me the chicken series would make a great children's book, so I am thinking about doing different versions of the story. The current one has more of an adult tone...then there is the "B" series-- 'cause he meets a hot chick :) And uh, the "C" series, which is a bit, uh...naughty....Perhaps the "D" series can be for children...I want to do a coloring book as well! All the possibilities...What can I say, the chicken is inspired by DaVinci....

No comments: