Friday, May 18, 2012

The Beauty of Childhood

There is this song by Tori Amos called "Ribbons Undone."...now, I could be completely wrong-- because really, sometimes I am...but when I hear this one, it makes me think of childhood innocence and how precious that time of life is. I don't know about you, but when I was that age, I didn't fully grasp how special it was. I did a little I think, because I was always sentimental that way...but I felt it from more of a self-centered standpoint-- the here and now-- whatever boy I had a crush on...etc.... I didn't really grasp it from how my elders may have felt. I watched this video and started to think of my parents and grandparents and how much I appreciated them. I'm not going to lie, life wasn't perfect for me (but whose was)??...but regardless, I had a really good childhood. And I thank my Dad and grandparents for this. I hope to pay them back some day in a way--they really loved and helped me. They made me who I am, and for this I will be eternally grateful-- love you so much! Thank you :)

No comments: