Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Back in the Swing of Things...

The title of this post says it...I'm back to working on my greeting card illustrations, and just started my part time gallery job. I've been using watercolor a lot for the past 2 years, and really enjoy this medium...Most of my greeting cards were done with watercolor...Lately I've been incorporating a bit of gouache into the mix as well. Not much of a stretch I guess! I try acryllic once in a while, but I'm not fond of the texture...I'm a watercolor girl at heart :) I would like to get back into oil painting-- I haven't done much of that since college. I like how vibrant you can get with oils, and the creaminess of the paints. Hmmmmm....maybe my first check from the gallery should go towards oil painting supplies....

No comments: